Rebuild, Restore, Renew
One of the things that happened to me during my crazy COVID restrictions is - I gained 15 pounds and stopped my walking routine. I did practice morning prayer 6 days a week. Interesting that physical things took a beating while my spiritual practices actually excelled. I’m now working on restoring a diet; body, mind, and spirit. Perhaps you would like to join me?
My menu now consists of 5 simple things that I take a bite of every single day to address my health: body, mind, and spirit. Here are the things, not burdensome because I do them only a couple of minutes a day, that I commend for your practice every day.
1. Connect to a significant relationship. Call, text, e mail.
2. Connect to God……..prayer, meditation, listening.
3. Reading that will facilitate spiritual growth (Chapter or two of the Bible or other “spiritual books.”)
4. Care of my body = food and move. Good food in and walking at least 8,000 steps.
5. Service to help someone else to get further down the road in life.
Since taking up this daily health menu I can’t tell you how may times I've messed up in their daily completion. However, I am moving forward, making progress. That is, after all, the goal of the Christian life, making progress in growing toward God.
Grace and Peace,
Next week is Pentecost: WEAR RED!